You can read more about this challenge by scrolling waaaay down to the list of labels on the left-side of my blog and clicking on the tag "Liberated Amish Challenge". There's a few posts - apparently I've been pretty wordy about this project!
53 inches by 65 inches
Here is the back, with the pieced label I did. I will be adding another label with more information on it.
A close up of the piecing, with the free-pieced Unruly letters from Lazy Gal Tonya.
Here's a photo of my free-pieced word on the front, all quilted.
And here's a shot of the quilting on one of the blocks. This photo has the truest colors.
And a photo of the quilting that Shari did in the alternate blocks. She knows I love Celtic knotwork. I left this picture high contrast so the quilting would show up well.
I'm so happy that this quilt is finished and ready for use!
The talented Kelly over at Pinkadot Quilts has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Kelly! I'm honored. Go check out her blog. She is making a small quilt every week for her personal journal quilt, and she's making some beauties!
The Liebster Blog Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to their blog.
3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your profile.
4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have @200 followers or under).
5. Blog about it and leave a comment for your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog.
Here are my blog nominations for Liebster Awards:
1. Joe Tulips at Joe Tulips Quilts blog. She has made the BEST zombie quilt ever, she makes funny, fabulous cards (both paper and fabric), she geocaches, and she makes great quilts too! She always has something fun to see on her blog. Oh, and she's pretty obsessed with the Scrappy Trips pattern, and it's my fault.
2. Michelle at Nostalgic Cafe. Michelle is a funny lady - she'll make you smile. Right now she's having some snake-y issues. She also has some intriguing recipes on her blog. Oh yeah, she makes bright, happy, fun quilts too!
3. Kate at Kate Kwiltz blog. Kate is another ADD quilter like I am, but you wouldn't know it. She's in the process of making 5 baby quilts and 2 wedding quilts that are due this spring. She's making great progress. She makes great modern quilts with a real grounding in tradition.
4. Maureen at Pursuit of Quilts. Maureen does more traditional quilts with great style. Right now she has two posts up that are full of eye candy from two big quilt shows that she has visited.
5. Sharon at Grass Roots Quilting. Sharon is making the Beyond The Cherry Tree quilt and is making great progress as well as other quilting projects. She does long-arm quilting with the most wonderful feathers. She is a funny, generous quilter. I took the Gwen Marston class last year with her, and it was great fun. I'm happy to call her "friend".
Go take a look at their blogs. I think you'll enjoy them as much as I do.
One last thing: Michelle at Nostalgic Cafe blogged today about the new Dark Shadows movie starring Johnny Depp and directed by Tim Burton. I deeply loved D.S. when it was on TV. I think my sister and I watched every episode! I went to IMDb (Internet Movie Database) here and watched the trailer for this movie. It looks like it will be hilarious and great fun. I mean, how could you go wrong with Johnny Depp?? I can't wait until May 11th when the movie is released!