I dyed these fabrics last Friday, May 1st. We had a beautiful warm day, perfect for dying fabrics. Not so good for sun printing though, as we had high winds. I tried a couple of times, but finally gave up after everything kept blowing off the fabric.
These are all the fabrics I got done that day - 14 fat quarters! A record for me, I think. It got kind of exciting a few times, when a big gust of wind blew through and flipped over the foam boards that the fabric was pinned to, and the plastic cups of dye blew over - all over the table. I finally got things under control. I tried some new techniques and got some good results. Some of these fabrics started as white-on-white fabric. I love how they come out! I was totally beat when I was done - 3 hours later - but satisfied.
I've signed on to do a "woooo" block for Lazy Gal Tonya's 'Halloween Noises' quilt, and also signed on to do another word for her 'Hope Is A Four Letter Word' quilt. I've been a little intimidated about doing "woooo" in a curvy font, but after thinking about it for a week, I'm feeling a little more like I can do it. I'm anxious to get in the studio and start playing with it.
I wish all my friends a wonderful Mother's Day - enjoying your Mom or your kids (human or otherwise) or both.