I finished the Orange page for my Color Book this morning. I used real leaves as my templates for the leaves. They're from a tree in my yard, and in real life are red. Artistic license, I guess!
Julie at Through The Barn Door tagged me for a meme last month, and then I remembered that Skadhisgydhja had tagged me quite a while back for the same one. You're supposed to list 6 random or quirky things about yourself. This has been quite a challenge. I'm old enough now that I guess I have quite a few quirks, but I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't even think about them anymore! They're just part of who I am. Which is, I guess, the point of the exercise! This is supposed to help others get to know you. Ok, Julie, you asked for it! It has taken me a while but I finally came up with 6 things that I don't mind everyone knowing. Hee hee!
Ok, first The Rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you. OK, done. See above.
2. Put the rules on the blog. Did that too! You are reading them.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself. See the list below.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
My 6 Random/Quirky Things About Myself:
1. I’m totally phobic of fish and of being in the water with them. I don’t eat them either.
2. I’m a night person. I’m at my best after 6 p.m. and I’m often up until 1 or 2 in the morning. I’m almost never up before 9 a.m. This drives my DH nuts! But it seems to be my "natural" clock. It’s really tough if I have to get up early. I can do it, but it makes me grumpy - even for something I want to do.
3. If music is playing, I have to hum along with it, which drives my family and friends crazy. I don’t even realize I’m doing it most of the time. I even do it with songs that I don’t like. I hum in the stores along with the "Muzak" too. It can be embarrassing.
4. I am an obsessive list maker. I make lists all the time, about all kinds of things. And I love to cross off the things I’ve accomplished – I sometimes will add something to a list just so I can cross it off. It’s just so satisfying!
5. I hate shoes. I only wear shoes now because I’ve got plantar fascitis and it hurts to be barefoot. And it’s usually Birkies anyway. Shoes are for when it’s really cold and/or snowy. And never heels.
6. I love puns and the cornier they are, the better. If it makes you groan, I love it!
Ok, now to tag some other poor unsuspecting bloggers! Let's see, this is hard.
1. Roberta @ Berta's Colorful Quilting World
2. Victoria @ Bumble Beans
3. Quilting Nana @ True Blue Quilting Nana
4. Wendy @ Swirls of Fabric
5. Dionne @ Sew Many Quilts
6. Lynn @ The Patchery Menagerie
I visit these ladies' blogs almost every day. They're witty, thoughtful, funny and good reads. Plus, they make wonderful quilts. Go check 'em out! Now, I have another thing to cross off my List of Things To Do - whoo hoo!
Finally, our snow has melted and the lake has thawed. The ducks are swimming again. And it is pouring buckets out there! I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Ben Franklin's badly enough to brave the rain. I would have to take my purple umbrella to stay dry. So, I had to take The Umbrella Test. This is what it told me:
Your Purple Umbrella Says You're Graceful
When faced with adversity, you remain together and graceful.You are very balanced, and it's hard for you to let yourself get too down.
You are brainy and philosophical. It's hard for you to lose your broad perspective on life.You accept things as they are. You don't try to change anything that can't be changed.
On a rainy day: you should spend the day reading.
But it didn't tell me if I should go to Ben Franklin's!
If you want to try The Umbrella Test, click here.
Note: I tried to get this on my sidebar, instead of in a post, but it came out goofy. I put in the HTML code and only the left half of the writing showed up. Me, I'm not so good with the technical geeky stuff. If anyone could explain to me how to do this correctly, I'd be very happy and grateful!