|Scrappy Trips charity quilt, approx. 42 inches square|
The Scrappy Trips quilt I was struggling with is finally to flimsy stage. Yay! This was harder than it should have been, but I finally got there. The back is also done, and as soon as I get the binding made, it'll be ready to hand off at the guild meeting this week for someone else to do the quilting (because this is too big for me to do myself).
I'm starting a little wall hanging (around 16 inches long) to fit a certain spot in my kitchen/dining area. I've had the same little quilt up there for years, and it's time for something new. I collected some Aspen leaves when we were in Nevada a few years ago; I brought them home and scanned them into the computer. I printed out the scan and used it for my pattern for this. I fused a hand-dye look fabric down for my "base".
I'll be adding these on top of those fused leaves. These are hand-dyed dryer sheets that I cut out with the same Aspen leaf pattern. I've got two layers here, just because it made a much more interesting color than one layer. I had to fuse on the base in the previous photo because these dryer sheets don't really have enough "oomph" on their own to show up well. I'll be stitching these down by stitching the veins on them - leaving the edges loose. I've never done this before, so it's all a big experiment!
I seem to be flitting around the quilt studio, doing a little of this and a little of that. I can't concentrate on any one thing. I have 5 more blocks to do for my Low Volume quilt and it'll be ready to put together. I've started making blocks for the Country Threads Block of the Month Quilt Along. I got January's blocks done today - only 2 months behind now! Plus I'm mentally playing with ideas for my color challenge quilt, trying to decide what I want to do with it. Quilter's ADD strikes again! Bear with me, I'll have more to show soon. At least I hope so!