a finished quilt!
I've shown this quilt here before. I made this for my youngest granddaughter, who's 7, and it's a surprise. Big sister got her quilt many years ago, so I'm running a little behind. Hehe.
I'm so glad to finally get this done. I started this 2 years ago as a challenge quilt for my guild. Well, that didn't happen, needless to say, but now it's done. Whew! I'm not the fastest quilter out there, but I get it done eventually. When I started this, GD's room was purple. Now it's green - so I included the green inner border.
OK, blogger has added my pictures in a crazy order, so I'm just going to "go with the flow" today.
Here's a detail shot showing some of the I Spy fabrics I used, and also showing the quilting that Shari, my LAer did.
She also quilted in Lorelei's name. (I still need to dot the i) I didn't know she was going to do this and it was fun to discover. I'm going to let Lorelei find it on her own too. ;)
I used the Disappearing 9-Patch pattern for this one. I knew that the fabrics would get turned every which way, so I deliberately had them going every which way from the beginning. That way there's no "up" to the quilt and it works from every angle.
Here's the border quilting and you can also see the binding I did. I put it on the back and then turned it to the front and stitched it down with one of the fancy stitches on my machine. Fast and pretty easy! Perfect for a kid's quilt.
We had the driest August on record this year - no measurable rain for over a month. Pretty unusual for the Northwest. It's turned cooler in the last day or two and it finally rained last night! Yay! My poor yard really is showing the stress of not enough water. Some of the plants are already turning colors which makes it look like autumn is coming early this year. It was so cozy to lay in bed last night and fall asleep to the sound of the rain falling.
Wishing you a creative week!